Video Recomendado:Joe Cocker

Joe Perry de Aerosmith, trabajando su próximo disco en solitario...Xtreme Rock Radio Monterrey

Joe Perry Working in new projects

The Aerosmith guitarist hopes to put out his sixth solo record – the follow up to 2009's Have Guitar, Will Travel – sometime next year. And he says he has "about six songs" he's really excited about already written.

He plans to complete the record once he's done promoting his upcoming memoir Rocks: My Life In And Out Of Aerosmith.

He tells ArtistDirect: "I’ve got about six songs I’m really excited about. I want to get into them as soon as possible. That’s the main focus now.

"I’ve got my book coming. It’ll probably be a month of signings and different things. We're thinking of different ways to use the Internet to promote my memoir. We're giving away four free songs if you buy the book. I think they'll be really representative of some of my solo work.

"After that, I've got the record that's right under my skin. I can't wait to get back to it."

On new Aerosmith material, Perry says the band will likely get together in 2015 to work on a follow up to 2012's Music From Another Dimension.

Paul McCartney, Joe Perry and Alice Cooper Secret Project

.Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry revealed that he went into the studio with Beatles legend Paul McCartney, Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp to record for a "private" project.
Perry made the revelation during an interview with The Chicago Sun-Times. He said, "I did a [recording] session with Paul McCartney a month and a half ago for a private thing," Perry told the paper earlier this week. "I met him once or twice [over the years] to say hello.

When asked what it was like to play with McCartney, Perry said, " It's the great ego leveler. I was in the studio with Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp, playing guitar, and the three of us are looking at each other like, hey, we're sitting here with Paul McCartney! And we're all looking at each other like open-mouthed kids. Paul was really nice. He's all about business [when he's recording]. At 72 he can still hit all those notes."

 Perry wasn't ready to offer up details about why they were all in the studio together. He said, "It's a project that were keeping under wraps for now. There will be [an announcement when the time is right]."


XTREME ROCK RADIO MONTERREY
TODO EL ROCK Y RADIO HITS
Emisora de GRM Radio

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

Video Recomendado:Talking Heads