Video Recomendado:Joe Cocker

Disco en honor a un gran compositor...Jackson Browne...Xtreme Rock Radio Monterrey

Bruce Springsteen, Ben Harper, Bonnie Raitt Highlight Jackson Browne Tribute Album

Jackson Browne’s music has gone in and out of fashion in recent years,
but one thing that hasn’t changed is the amount of respect he gets from fellow artists. That’s evident in the list of artists who are contributing to Looking Into You: A Tribute To Jackson Browne. And in the volume of artists, as it will be a double disc set.


Some of Browne’s peers (Bruce Springsteen, Bonnie Raitt and Don Henley) contribute to the album, as do “younger” artists (Ben Harper, the Indigo Girls, Joan Osborne, Sara Watkins of Nickel Creek).
Springsteen’s contribution, billed as collaboration with his wife/bandmate Patti Scialfa, is “Linda Paloma.” The song was originally from Browne’s 1976 album The Pretender, and was, incidentally, produced by Springsteen’s longtime manager, Jon Landau.



Henley is an artist with some shared history with Browne; the two co-wrote the Eagles hit “Doolin-Dalton” together, along with Eagle Glenn Frey, and songwriter J.D. Souther, who also is featured here. Henley’s track, which sees him backed by indie-folk band Blind Pilot,  is “These Days,” a song that Browne wrote for one-time Velvet Underground singer Nico, and which she recorded six years before Browne’s debut album. (Gregg Allman also previously recorded “These Days,” for his 1973 solo debut Laid Back.)
Jakcson-browne-and-bruce-springsteen-Paul-HawthorneJackson Browne with Bruce Springsteen in 2004 (Paul Hawthorne/Getty Images)


Looking Into You: A Tribute To Jackson Browne will be available April 1;  full tracklist below.
Disc one:
1. These Days – Don Henley w/ Blind Pilot
2. Everywhere I Go – Bonnie Raitt and David Lindley
3. Running On Empty – Bob Schneider
4. Fountain Of Sorrow – Indigo Girls
5. Doctor My Eyes – Paul Thorn
6. For Everyman – Jimmy LaFave
7. Barricades Of Heaven – Griffin House
8. Our Lady Of The Well – Lyle Lovett
9. Jamaica Say You Will – Ben Harper
10. Before The Deluge – Eliza Gilkyson
11. For A Dancer – Venice
12. Looking Into You – Kevin Welch
Disc two:
1. Rock Me On The Water – Keb’ Mo’
2. The Pretender – Lucinda Williams
3. Rosie – Lyle Lovett
4. Something Fine – Karla Bonoff
5. Too Many Angels – Marc Cohn feat. Joan As Police Woman
6. Your Bright Baby Blues – Sean and Sara Watkins
7. Linda Paloma – Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa
8. Call It A Loan – Shawn Colvin
9. I’m Alive – Bruce Hornsby
10. Late For The Sky – Joan Osborne
11. My Opening Farewell – JD Souther


"Running On Empty"

Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
Looking back at the years gone by like so many summer fields
In sixty-five I was seventeen and running up one-o-one
I don't know where I'm running now, I'm just running on
Running on - running on empty
Running on - running blind
Running on - running into the sun
But I'm running behind

Gotta do what you can just to keep your love alive
Trying not to confuse it with what you do to survive
In sixty-nine I was twenty-one and I called the road my own
I don't know when that road turned onto the road I'm on

Running on - running on empty
Running on - running blind
Running on - running into the sun
But I'm running behind
Everyone I know, everywhere I go
People need some reason to believe
I don't know about anyone but me
If it takes all night, that'll be all right
If I can get you to smile before I leave
Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
I don't know how to tell you all just how crazy this life feels
I look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through
Looking into their eyes I see them running too
Running on - running on empty
Running on - running blind
Running on - running into the sun
But I'm running behind
Honey you really tempt me
You know the way you look so kind
I'd love to stick around but I'm running behind
You know I don't even know what I'm hoping to find
Running into the sun but I'm running behind


Quizá menos reconocido fuera de la Unión Americana, pero compositor importante en la cultura Americana.
Todo el rock quie quieres escuchar esta en Xtreme Rock Radio Monterrey.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

Video Recomendado:Talking Heads